RESIST Project Partners are delighted to announce their participation in the Search & Rescue Project’s workshop taking place online on April 14, 2021.
Search & Rescue, which sees the participation of the Romanian Cluster PROECO-CBRNE, also a member of the RESIST consortium, aims to demonstrate and validate new equipment and technologies for First Responders. In line with the above, the workshop will strive to identify First Responders’ main operational requirements in terms of equipment and technologies.
In this context, through Mr Benolli on behalf of SAFE, let alone coordinators of the project, Mrs Muti from IAI, and Mr Chierici from the University of Rome Tor Vergata, RESIST project partners will present the RESIST project. The focus will be placed on the Equipment Need Assessment for Critical Infrastructure Operators (first to intervene in the event of an internal CBRN event) through a presentation entitled: “Equipment Need Assessment to enhance the Safety of First Responders – lessons learned from the RESIST Project”.
Specifically, the presentation will be delivered as part of case study number 6, Terrorist attacks at an airport’s terminal involving CBRN, therefore maximising RESIST focus on airports’ CBRN preparedness and response.
Below, the complete list of the 7 simulation cases aimed identifying First Responders’ equipment requirements:
1) Victims trapped under rubble (Italy)
2) Plane crash, mountain rescue, non-urban (Greece)
3) Earthquake / heavy storms between Vienna Rail Station & Kufstein railway station (Austria-Germany)
4) Forest fire threatening industrial zone (Attica or Boeotia, Greece)
5) Victims trapped under rubbles (France)
6) Terrorist attack at an airport’s terminal involving CBRN (Romania);
7) Chemical substances spill (Spain)
Stay tuned for more information and head over to our Twitter account for regular updates @resist_project.